You must have heard that saying, ‘One pomegranate, one hundred sick’. Let us say that this is not just a saying. In fact, pomegranate is capable of protecting against many diseases. This can not only prevent cancer and heart-related diseases but can also be used to enhance the beauty of the skin. Many vitamins and minerals are hidden in their red grains full of sweetness and juice.
Pomegranate is an excellent fruit with many nutritional properties. It has the ability to reduce signs of aging as well as to cure even pimples. Drinking a certain amount of its juice improves the face. In addition to this, the hair also benefits in many ways. Here we know about the benefits of pomegranate.
Benefits of Pomegranate for Heart
Pomegranate has sufficient antioxidant properties. This is why it is considered good for heart health. Consumption of pomegranate increases the level of good cholesterol and reduces the effect of harmful oxidase lipids. Due to this, the risk of atherosclerosis is reduced to a great extent. Accumulation of fat and cholesterol in arteries is a disease called atherosclerosis.
This beneficial fruit can also reduce serum cholesterol levels to some extent. Another study has also confirmed that pomegranate intake can reduce stress and does not cause any damage to cells.
Also, blocked arteries can be easier to open. Pomegranate seeds are also no less beneficial. These not only normalize blood pressure but can also reduce the inflammation in the heart cells to some extent. Keep in mind that if someone is suffering from a serious heart disease, then he or she should be treated by a doctor. Also, home remedies should be used only after asking a doctor.
It has been confirmed in many scientific researches that the sugar found in pomegranate reduces the possibility of diabetes. Not only this, the fear of atherosclerosis due to diabetes can also be avoided. Pomegranate contains compounds such as ellagic, gallic, and ursolic acid, which have anti-diabetic properties. At the same time, the sugar found in pomegranate seeds has antioxidant polyphenols property, which prepares the body to protect against type 2 diabetes-like apprehension.
Benefits of Pomegranate For Cancer
Cancer comes after heart disease and diabetes. Pomegranate is also very effective in avoiding this deadly disease. Many researches on pomegranate have found that its seeds have anti-cancer properties. Due to this property, pomegranate enhances the effect of the essential compound called Elegitannins in the body, which does not allow the cancer cells to flourish. It also protects against skin cancer.
Pomegranate seeds may also prove beneficial in the case of stomach and lung cancer, as they have been found to have chemotherapy-like properties. In addition, if any type of tumor grows in the body, if the juice of pomegranate is consumed, the blood supply to the tumor can be stopped. This causes the tumor size to gradually decrease. Keep in mind that cancer is a fatal disease. If a patient is in the grip of this, then the doctor should undergo complete treatment. Just relying on home remedies is not the right decision.
Benefits of Pomegranate For Digestive System
Pomegranate seeds have been considered as the main source of the vitamin-B complex. Due to this quality, pomegranate is the best fruit for your digestive system. Vitamin-B complex works to convert fat, protein and carbohydrates present in the body into energy. Pomegranate also contains fiber and other essential nutrients, which are necessary for a good digestive system.
If pomegranate is consumed in the prescribed quantity, then one can get relief from problems like constipation. In addition, pomegranate also has anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to correct problems in the gastrointestinal tract such as ulcerative colitis. The gastrointestinal tract is an important part of the digestive system in the human body. Despite all the scientific evidence, it is difficult to say clearly that pomegranate is beneficial for the digestive system in any way. More research needs to be done in this regard.
Keep in mind that pomegranate has been classified as acidic foods, due to which there can be problems like chest irritation, acidity, and ulcers in the mouth and stomach. Therefore, before consuming pomegranate, please ask your doctor once.
The antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral properties found in pomegranate seeds can improve immunity. NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) has published research in this regard. It has been reported in this research that pomegranate grains can fight against different types of bacteria and viruses due to these properties. Therefore, pomegranate can also help protect against other diseases caused by weak immunity.
Pomegranate has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as mentioned earlier. In this context, pomegranate may prove beneficial in controlling blood pressure. It helps in making good cholesterol by eliminating bad cholesterol from the body and does not allow any kind of blockage in the arteries. This is why doctors also recommend drinking a glass of pomegranate juice daily for better blood pressure.
Benefits of Pomegranate For Antiinflammatory
It often happens that free radicals or free radicals start forming in the body, which affects health in many ways. Due to these free radicals, there is also a risk of swelling and oxidative damage in the body. In such a situation, if a pomegranate is consumed, then free radicals can exit the body. Also, problems due to inflammation can also be avoided.
You might be surprised to know that pomegranate can also be used for weight loss. Pomegranate contains some amount of fiber, which is why it can help you reduce obesity. Scientific research has found that pomegranate seeds and their leaves have fat-reducing properties.
At present, research in this regard has been done only on animals. Therefore, it is difficult to say clearly whether the positive effects of pomegranate on animals are effective on humans in reducing weight. In such a situation, if someone is thinking about consuming pomegranate to lose weight, then first of all, please contact the doctor.
Benefits of Pomegranate For Kidney stones
Some people complain of kidney stones. If anyone is struggling with this problem, then try taking pomegranate once on the advice of a doctor. Eating pomegranate can improve the functioning of the kidney and stones and toxic bacteria can come out of the body. Also, the level of acidity in the urine can be reduced. Here we are talking about consulting a doctor because kidney stones can be a serious problem for some people. In such a situation, it is important to consult a doctor before eating anything or using home remedies.
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants, due to which it prevents bacteria from growing on the bladder wall. Also, the urinary tract reduces the risk of infection. In addition, pomegranate contains vitamin C, which improves immunity, which can help fight any type of infection.
Consumption of pomegranate can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. As a result, it can help reduce excess fat accumulated in the liver. Believe it, the intake of pomegranate per day can reduce the problem of fatty liver in those who do not consume alcohol. Also, pomegranate can help improve liver function even when there is jaundice.
So far all research in relation to the fatty liver has been done on mice. The effect of pomegranate on humans remains to be explored. Therefore, despite all the scientific evidence, it is difficult to say whether pomegranate can prove beneficial for patients suffering from fatty liver. Therefore, if a patient is thinking about eating a pomegranate, then please consult a doctor.
Skin Benefits of Pomegranate
- Pomegranate can prevent premature wrinkles on the skin by increasing the production of collagen (protein).
- Also, it can prove to be effective in dealing with nail pimples and blemishes.
- Pomegranate juice can also serve as an excellent cleanser. You immerse cotton in pomegranate juice and apply it on your face. This will reduce the impact of dust and soil and pollution on the face. Dead skin cells can also be finished.
- If you mix pomegranate juice with Multani mitti, the skin will look soft and beautiful.
- Whether the skin is dry or oily, pomegranate is beneficial in every respect. It can provide the necessary moisturizer by going deep into the skin.
- If someone is suffering from nail pimples, then grinding the pomegranate seeds on the affected area can provide relief.
- If there is any problem like swelling on one’s face, then pomegranate is able to help even in this stage. Pomegranate seed oil can be applied to the skin to relieve inflammation.
- To improve face tone and remove tan, mix pomegranate seeds with papaya pieces. Now apply this paste on the face. In a few days, the effect will be seen.
- Pomegranate juice also acts as a toner. It can maintain beauty by closing the pores of the skin follicles.
Benefits of Pomegranate for Hair
- Pomegranate juice can be consumed to prevent hair fall.
- Just as pomegranate provides moisture to the skin, similarly it can also give enough moisture to the hair.
- Pomegranate can also help to keep hair healthy and shiny.
- By using pomegranate, hair can get the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Massage with pomegranate oil can be beneficial for tangled and rough hair. This will not only provide adequate moisturizer to the hair but will also condition the hair.
- You can also make a hair mask from pomegranate. Make a paste by grinding a cup of yogurt and pomegranate seeds, and then apply one teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with it. This will not only strengthen the hair but will also give shine to them.
Use Of Pomegranate
- You can drink pomegranate juice and drink it.
- You can consume it by mixing pomegranate seeds in a fruit salad.
- If you make custard, cake or ice cream at home, then you can add pomegranate seeds. This will add more flavor to the dish.
- It is believed that pomegranate should be consumed in the morning. This keeps the energy in the body.
Side Effects of Pomegranate
- Those who have cough or influenza should not give pomegranate.
- Some people may be allergic to eating pomegranate. Consumption of pomegranate can cause problems such as rashes on the body, swelling on the face, difficulty in breathing.
- Pomegranate contains a high amount of calories. If you are taking a low-calorie diet, do not consume pomegranate.
- Eating more pomegranates can cause gas in the stomach.
- Some medicines are such, with which consuming pomegranate can cause harm.
- If someone is taking blood pressure medicine, then ask the doctor once before consuming pomegranate. Those with low blood pressure should avoid drinking pomegranate juice, as drinking it may lower blood pressure.