A variety of physical problems arise, including eating disturbances and lack of hygiene, including discomfort associated with the mouth. Although there are many products available in the market to get rid of mouth problems, their negative effects can also increase the problem. In such a situation, natural and herbal remedies can prove beneficial for you. Know with us how beneficial is oil pulling for pimples and other troubles. here we learn in detail the benefits of oil pilling.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment for maintaining oral health. In which many problems related to the mouth are treated using various oils. In the ancient Charaka Samhita and Sushruta Samhita, it is described as ‘Kavala Graha’ or ‘Kavala Gandosha’. According to the Gandosha method, oil is filled completely in the mouth, but it is impossible to gargle. At the same time, a small amount of oil is used in the Kavala Graha method, which makes it easy to gargle. Oil pulling is an effective treatment, which can prove to be beneficial not only to the mouth but to overall health.
How to do Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is one of the ancient medical practices. The method of doing this is not very difficult. You can do this method with some precautions. This method is as follows:
- Sesame oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil
- Approximately 20 minutes before breakfast in the morning, sit down with palate.
- Now turn your chin upwards and take about one tablespoon of any oil mentioned above in your mouth.
- Now close the mouth and with a little force, turn the oil well inside the mouth.
- Keep in mind that oil is not to be ingested, as it may contain bacteria as well as harmful toxins, which can leave a negative impact on your health.
- When the oil turns milky white, you spit it out.
- After this, rinse thoroughly with warm water or plain water.
- After the rinse, brush with daily paste and brush.
- You can do this method three times daily on an empty stomach. You can see many benefits of oil pulling daily.
Benefits Of Oil Pulling
Combat Harmful Bacteria
As you read above, oil pulling has been used since ancient times. Sesame oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil used for oil pulling are found to have antibacterial properties. This property found in oil not only helps in cleaning the germs of your mouth but also works to remove the plague from the teeth.
Remove the Bad Smell of the Mouth
Mouth dirt, gum problems, and tooth decay cause bad odor. Sesame oil, used in oil pulling, has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties, which can overcome all of the above problems, thereby eliminating bad mouth odor.
Overcome Cavity Problem
Harmful bacteria of the mouth cause plague in the teeth, causing a cavity, or the problem of teeth hollowness. As you read above, sesame, coconut, and sunflower oil are used for oil pulling. These oils have antibacterial properties, which work to fight the bacteria that damage the teeth, thereby relieving the cavity problem. In addition, it also maintains the strength of teeth and gums.
Remove Gums and Keep them Healthy
Pulling oil with sesame oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil can help relieve swelling of the gums. The fatty acids found in these weights contain 45–50 percent lauric acid. Lauric acid has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that prevent inflammation. These properties help in protecting the gums from germs as well as reducing their inflammation.
Plaque, cavities, gingivitis and tooth decay on teeth cause tooth pain. Oil pulling can be an ideal home remedy to get rid of this problem. Oils used in oil pulling (such as coconut oil) have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, along with relieving toothache caused by problems such as plague, cavity, gingivitis, and tooth decay. It can help you get rid of other problems with teeth.
Get Rid of Dry Mouth
Dryness of the mouth is a condition when the salivary glands in your mouth cannot make enough saliva due to bacteria or microbes. This keeps the mouth dry. It may also cause problems with a rough tongue, mouth ulcers and chapped lips. Oil pulling is a good solution to get rid of this problem. The oils used in oil pulling have antioxidant and antibacterial properties, which eliminate harmful bacteria and micro-organisms and help the salivary glands inside the mouth to function smoothly. This creates enough saliva and relieves the problem of dry mouth.
The benefits of oil pulling do not end here. It can help you to overcome many more problems. The oil pulling process is believed to cleanse the mouth as well as relieve migraine and headache, however, scientific evidence is not available to confirm this fact.
Increase Body Energy
One of the many benefits of oil pulling is that it can also be effective in increasing the energy of your body. Oil pulping works to increase your body’s metabolism and increased metabolism makes a special contribution to increasing your body’s energy.
Many types of domestic edible oils are used for oil pulling. One of these is sesame oil. Vitamin-E present in sesame is considered important for the skin. The oil pulling process done with this oil can help relieve acne, although further research is needed on this topic.
As you read above, oil pulling is beneficial for the prevention and treatment of acne. In addition, sesame oil used in oil pulping also contains vitamin-E along with powerful antioxidants, which is one of the essential nutrients for the skin. It can be beneficial for you in moisturizing the skin as well as removing harmful substances and making the skin clean and shiny.
Side Effects Of Oil Pulling
- Do not swallow the oil while oil pulling, because it may contain bacteria and toxins that harm your health.
- Many people are allergic to certain oils. If they pull oil from that oil, then its harmful consequences can come. Oil pulping can also cause pneumonia.
- Children below 5 years of age should not undergo oil pulling. They can swallow oil due to ignorance. As we mentioned above, the oil used during oil pulling contains bacteria and toxins, which can cause many types of damage if swallowed.
- Pulling oil for too long can cause problems in your jaw stiffness.