The small-looking lemon is a wealth of medicinal properties. Its juice is used to make a variety of refreshing drinks ranging from delicious meals. Even though the lemon is sour in taste, the benefits of lemon are many. The use of lemon can be beneficial for the body in many ways.
Medicinal Properties of Lemon
Lemon is especially used for its sour juice. It has many medicinal properties. It is rich in Vitamin-C. In addition, it also contains nutrients like calcium, potassium, fiber. it is also rich in anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties.
It can be useful in cleansing the blood and also in the case of asthma. We will learn more about these in further detail. Let’s know what happens by eating a lemon.
Benefits of Lemon For Health
1. Benefits of Lemon For Weight Lose
If someone is looking for a natural remedy for weight loss, lemon can be beneficial. According to a study done on mice published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), polyphenols present in lemons can control growing obesity.
These polyphenols are known to be effective in preventing the accumulation of excess fat in the body. Also, in another research conducted on the same topic, lemon as a detox drink can help reduce fat from the body.
In addition, lemon has also been considered a good source of vitamin-C, and vitamin-C is considered the most important element for weight loss. Not only this, but many people also consume honey in lemonade for weight loss, which can be a safe home remedy for weight loss. However, it is also necessary to pay attention to diet and exercise.
2. Lemon for Cancer
There is no doubt that cancer is a serious disease and the only remedy is medical treatment. However, its risk can be reduced by changing lifestyle and eating habits. Particularly if citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons are mentioned, the use of these can prevent cancer.
In addition, according to a study published on the NCBI website, consuming citrus fruits like lemon can prevent pancreatic cancer. At the same time, according to another study, flavonoids present in lemons may act as anticancer.
Simultaneously citrus fruits also have anti-tumor and chemopreventive properties.
3. Benefits of Lemon for Fever
There may be several reasons behind fever, of which bacterial and viral infections are notable. In such a situation, lemon consumption can be helpful here.
Many people also use lemon as a home remedy for fever. If we talk about the properties of lemon, then it is rich in vitamin-C and it can help in preventing infection caused by bacteria and viruses.
Although there is a lack of precise scientific research on this, as it contains vitamin-C, lemon intake may be beneficial as a home remedy to improve immunity and prevent fever. Apart from this, lemon can also be used for common sore throat.
4. Benefits of Lemon for Heart
Lemon juice can also play an important role in keeping the heart-healthy. As we mentioned, lemon is a major source of vitamin-C and vitamin-C rich foods can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Many times the problem of blood pressure can also cause heart disease. As such, some scientific studies suggest that vitamin C also acts to control blood pressure, which may be beneficial for the heart. At the same time, citric fruits like lemons are rich in flavonoids, which may help in the treatment of atherosclerosis (plaque formation in the arteries).
As far as the ability of citrus flavonoids is concerned, it can act as oxidative stress, hyperlipidemia (Hyperlipidemia – fat deposits in the blood), reducing inflammation, improving arterial blood pressure and lipid metabolism. Lemons can be included in daily life to keep the heart-healthy.
5. Lemon for Kidney Stone
Those who have kidney stone problems can add lemon to their diet. Indeed, citrate properties present in lemons may prevent stones from forming.
In such a situation, consuming plenty of water as well as lemonade can be beneficial. However, it is better to seek medical advice in this regard.
6. Lemon to Prevent Anemia
If the body does not get the right amount of iron, there may be an increased risk of anemia. According to a study published on the NCBI website, if a vitamin-C-rich diet is consumed along with iron-rich foods, it can help in the correct absorption of iron in the body.
In this situation, lemon with an iron-rich diet, which is a vitamin-C-rich food, can be beneficial and can prevent the risk of anemia.
7. Benefits of Lemon for Immunity
If the immunity power of the person is right, then the person’s body can avoid the risk of diseases. In such a situation, vitamin C can be very helpful in improving immunity.
Vitamin-C can protect the body from many physical problems. In such a situation, lemon can be included in the diet as a home remedy to improve immunity, protect yourself from the disease.
8. Lemon for Lliver
Talking about the benefits of lemon or lemon juice, it can also be very beneficial for the liver. Indeed, in research published on the NCBI website, lemon’s protective reaction has been observed on alcohol-affected livers.
The reason for this can be attributed to the hepatoprotective properties present in lemons. In addition, according to other research, fermented lemon juice can be helpful in improving liver inflammation and injury.
Actually, this researches have been done on animals, so more research is needed on how much effect this will have on humans. However, lemon juice can be consumed to keep the liver healthy.
9. Lemon for Blood Pressure
Vitamin-C present in lemons may work to balance blood pressure. In addition, research conducted on the same subject has also found that lemon intake and regular walking can lower blood pressure levels.
However, if someone is taking blood pressure medicines, before using lemon, also take medical advice once.
10. Lemon for Acne
Lemon can be beneficial not only for health but also for the skin. Its juice or lemon oil can be applied on the skin affected by acne. It can be used as an effective home remedy for mild acne.
How to Use Lemon
- Lemon can be used as a juice.
- Lemon juice can be used in salads.
- Can drink lemon tea.
- Lemon can be used to make soda or mojito. Many people consume lemon soda for the benefit of drinking lemon water after eating.
- If there is a gas problem, you can lick by adding celery on half a lemon and then heating it on a pan.
- Lemon pickle can be made.
- You can apply lemon juice on acne or stretch marks.
- Many people also use lemon juice to remove dandruff.
- You can add lemon juice while applying henna on the hair.
- Lemons can be used to clean the fridge or microwave.
- Lemon juice can also be used to clean clothes.
Side Effects of Lemon
- Excessive intake of lemon can make the teeth sour.
- intake of lemon can spoil tooth enamel (outer layer of teeth)
- People with sensitive skin may experience rashes or allergic problems with the use of lemons on the skin.
- In addition, lemon can also cause phytophotodermatitis.
- Phytophotodermatitis is a phototoxic reaction that can result from contact with a particular plant. In this, the skin becomes sensitive to the sun’s rays, after which the skin may also become inflamed, rashes, or blisters.
- If someone is allergic to lemons, they may have oral allergy syndrome (food allergies). There may be a sore throat, lip swelling, and fever. Also, anaphylaxis (Anaphylaxis – severe allergic problem) can also occur, although it is quite rare. This sensitive person, who has problems with food intake from citric foods, may also have it.
- Lemon is a great source of vitamin-C and excessive intake of vitamin-C can cause diarrhea, nausea, and stomach cramps.
At the end of the article, you will now have a good understanding of how the use of lemon can be beneficial for the body. Also, you must have found the answer to the question of what happens by eating a lemon. Friends, lemon has many properties and its proper use can benefit you.
At the same time, in the article, we have explained both the advantages and disadvantages of lemon. If you notice any of the above-mentioned side effects during its use, then stop using it and contact the doctor. Hope that readers have liked this article.